I have had on my to do list for a long time to test soy, flax and jute. By test I mean , felt them and the dye the felt and see what happens. This week I eventually got round to some testing.
I actually tested sisal,linen top, flax, jute yarn , cotton knitted yarn and nettle. I am not sure where the soy fibres have got to in the confusion resulting from my move. One day they will turn up.
First I made prefelts with the fibres. Here is a sample cut from each prefelts which have been made with Blue faced Leicester fibres.
Sisal and linen , still very hard to see the fibres. Onion has taken really well on all the fibres
Flax and jute
Cotton and nettle.
Interesting experiment , with some , nice textures and subtle , very subtle colour changes.