A number of weeks ago I made two pieces of felt to dye and decided to use the last of the flowering hawthorn in my garden . The flowers are so delicate.
The same pieces , changed orientation , looking completely different colours , when photographed on different backgrounds. The truth , in my opinion , not as yellow as the white background , but significantly darker than the wood background.
Apart from this I thought further differentiation was still needed so I modified a part of each with iron.
Now I felt I’d gone to far , but there is no turning back unfortunately .
Finally I decided some more stitching was required in the hawrpthorn dyed cotton and silk from my dye bath and also with some medievil black silk I had just bought at woolfest.